Sunday, April 18, 2010
Emerging Technology 4 Curriki
I chose to do my last Emerging Technology Blog on Curriki. Curriki is a great place to collaborate with colleagues around the nation. You can post effective lesson plans that you have used or search for lesson plans from a wide variety of options. This website has a focus on Math, Social Studies, Language Arts and Science. There is so much stuff on this website they have a podcast archive. I am not very good at making my own podcasts because I am not the proud owner of one. However I can access podcasts that are posted on this website. This is a great oppurtunity because at my school we are currently looking into buying classroom ipod sets. We may not get them but you never know. One particular lesson plan that I found that I like is on Amusement Parks. It gets the kids graphing and writing on how they would choose a certain option for admission. The great thing is that I can modify this lesson to the betterment of my class. I teach in a computer lab so I could have the students graph them on paper or have then graph them in Excel. Another one I thought was neat was the matching of celebrities nicknames to their real names when you simplify expressions with exponents. In my class I would never get to that I am just showing how many different types of lesson plans you can choose from. In todays age it is important to collaborate with other teachers. I view my self as a life long learner and am constantly trying to find better ways to teach my curriculum. I love of easy this website makes it for people to collaborate with one another and the lesson plan archive is very large. There is an advanced search finder to help you narrow down your search for a lesson plan if you are looking for a specific one. Curriki even has curriculum using Web 2.0. If you have not experienced Curriki you should log on and experience it for yourself. Why wait? There is a plethora of knowledge on this website at your finger tips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment